You see them everywhere….magazines, tv, online, in your favorite store….but what are they? How do you incorporate them into your house?
Garden stools have become extremely popular not only for their fun pops of color but also for their versatility. They can be used both indoors and outdoors in a multitude of ways and are reasonably priced. Originally garden stools came from China and were indeed used in gardens. The barrel-shaped design dates back to over 1,000 years. It’s thought this barrel or rounded shape may even date back to Buddhist garden tradition where you would have seen tree stumps acting as seating for the garden.
Below are some ideas of how you can incorporate these inexpensive yet dramatic pieces to freshen up your space.
1. A most common way is to use them as an accent side table flanking an arm chair. Its the perfect place to set your coffee or book down.
2. No towel bar around? Use them on the side of a tub or in the shower to set your towel on. (Don’t worry about it getting wet! its ceramic.)
3. How about using it for an ottoman, a place to put your feet up? You can also move it around the room to provide extra seating.
4. Place a pair at the end of your bed. Not only will it add more color to your space, but its a less expensive option to having an ottoman or chaise serving the same purpose.
5. If you’re working with limited space, these are a great alternative to having a coffee table. Group 2 or even 4 together to create a coffee table. Again, they can be used as a table surface or for extra seating when you have guests.
7. Under a credenza in your entryway is a great way to fill the empty space while adding color and texture!
8. Eye Candy! Be adventurous and add pops of color to your room!